Current volunteer and employment opportunities:
Forest School Supply Teachers
- Early Childhood Education diploma, or Bachelor of Education degree is an asset
- Current First Aid with CPR level C
- Clear criminal record check, with vulnerable sector check
- Experience working with young children and experience working in an outdoor setting
- Physically capable of working in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, cold) and able to walk distances over uneven terrain, carry a backpack and perform light lifting duties (firewood etc).
- Able to perform teaching duties with enthusiasm regardless of weather conditions
- Understand the value of risky play, emergent learning philosophies and play/place based learning
- Show an interest in or an understanding of outdoor skills such as tarp set-up, knot tying, fire building, tool skills, shelter building
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Have own cell phone
If you are interested in supply work with OMFS, kindly forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are always grateful for eager volunteers. Please send us a message if you are interested in volunteering with OMFS.