Due to the current lockdown, all programs are cancelled for the Winter Session.
Registration is open for the Spring Session which begins on March 22, 2021. Summer Forest Camp registration will open on Monday, February 15th at 9:00am.
Please note that the Forest Friday and Forest Wanderers programs both remain on pause at this time. It is uncertain when they will resume.
Families who wish to register for OMFS programs should be aware of the following details pertaining to Covid-19:
- OMFS will follow all health and safety recommendations put forth by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
- When using the indoor space, all participants, staff, and volunteers will wear masks unless eating.
- Currently, the recommendation is to maintain 2m of distance between individuals and to wear a mask when this is not possible. OMFS will adhere to this recommendation and include child-appropriate instruction on how to manage this in all groups. For example, children will be taught to maintain a “Swan Span” (based on a swan’s wingspan) of space around their bodies when participating in OMFS programs.
- OMFS has a protocol for increased handwashing, sanitizing, and other health and safety guidelines that are shared with all families upon registration.
- All participants at OMFS will be required to complete an active screening process prior to attending any program.